People ask about the birdhouse in the background of the swing pictures. The truth is I would probably never buy it if I had a choice.
The story goes:
I had a second and I was looking at Christmas ornaments at a local antique store. Trying to climb around to see one I knocked into this birdhouse that balanced on a rickety stand.
You guessed it it came crashing down, even with me trying to catch the huge thing. It looked fixable and more antiqued, and not to bad in my opinion, (note no kids were with me and I still managed to break something.)
Wanting to do the right thing I brought it to the front and offered to pay for it (knowing full well there was really no need and probably would be given a thanks for offering.)
aah no.
The two sales ladies said that would be just fine and quickly checked if there was anything else they could tag onto it that was damaged. All of a sudden I was signing a credit card slip that equaled a months groceries. I left with the stand and the birdhouse in tow.
Brent got home and spotted it immediately, (not a man who misses a thing, a good and a bad thing.) He looked at me with a face of confusion. He knows I wouldn't buy this sort of thing and wanted to know who gifted it to us.
So I said "I won it!!!" I followed by saying because I was honest and nice the store quickly rewarded it to me by charging me.
Brent laughed but was irked. This is not the first time I have paid for something or taken the wrap for something that was really not my fault and ended up paying for it. Seriously the few car accidents I have got in with other people I always come out of the car saying.."oh I'm so sorry" even though they cut me off..etc.
So the Birdhouse is my first prize I have ever won........whatever.
Want a bird house?
3 comments:
Seriously funny!!
What is that bird house in the back of that picture?
-Jon
Can't stand that they charged you..you should of showed a picture of your boys and said I get an exception!!
JT
Post a Comment