Friday, October 9, 2009

I UN-apologize!

Starting today we are off and the kids are all mine. The morning still started at 6:00..I really hate this new habit that has been so for 3 months...what happened to my kids that sleep in till 8:00. It's a one parent show as usual. I think we could do the zoo alone....last time they scattered and I was the screaming mom you won't look in the eyes because you are so embarrassed for her. In these situations (which is my life alone with four 2 year olds) I will have to take the risk.
I make jokes about my life's scenarios. But in the moment I'm shriveled. The other night, "kids free" one of my friends broke her silence and told me I apologize to much. I'm annoyed by people who do this and live life this way.
So in hopes to erase this error in living...
I officially don't apologize for having four kids at once. For trying to do things that other moms do with there kids..(pool, park, bike ride, zoo, target.) I don't apologize if my kids make you not want to have kids...good! your probably not ready anyways..who ever is.
I'm not sorry they're loud. There was a time when they came into this world I prayed so hard they made sounds... so let them be loud. On the topic of volume...The standard while in church should and will never apply to my kids....sit far away if you want to sing without two year olds accompanying you. And if you think you could do it better for a full hour sitting in a pew...you may need to see someone for delusions of grandeur.
My final UN-apology is for the very fact I had four at once....I used to wonder if I was selfish to keep all four....I know now and daily it is and will forever be the main sacrifice in my life. If I account for these sacrifices the list is long...my youth, (no seriously I aged like 5 years in one.) My personal..anything, etc. So to all that raise a brow and compare me to the likes of Kate from "Jon and Kate plus eight." To you I say..." I feel sorry for you that you don't see the 4 walking miracles before you and the woman who runs as hard as she can everyday and never gets it all done, but back up the next day excited to see her kids.
So, I bid you a good morning and I un-apologize.
actual morning shot..not cute I un-apologize
p.s. I un-apologize to the trash man that just came that I made stop and wait while I brought the trash cans out...seriously you should thank me for the maget buckets that were avoided if we let it sit another week.

8 comments:

BostonHart said...

Autumn,

Those of us with kids, who have a small idea of how hard they make life, are in total awe of the magnificent mother your are. I could never do what you do. I am afraid to take my kids, (5, 3, 1)to the zoo alone. You really are fantastic! So go for it, sing loud, bring cheerios to crunch on the Church floor! That's why the Heavenly Father gave us the vacuum.

Monica said...

I'm so glad you "un-apologized" :) I'm with you if people have a problem with your 4 beautiful boys they are welcomed to just turn around and go somewhere else! You're doing the best you can and you're do an amazing job. You have nothing to apologize for. So to the Mommies who raise their brow and think they could do it better (and yes I said Mommies because there's no Daddy on this planet who would think they could handle it) I dare you to try! You are Super Mom and there should be no apologies for that!! :)

Jeff Foster said...

Proud of you, my friend.

Brooke Eriksen said...

AMEN!!! Dido to all of that!!

Holly Collins said...

Autumn,

You are a remarkable mother and have no reason to apologize! I am glad you un-apologize in fact! Your boys are four living miracles! Your every day is inspiring for those of us that have children the easy way...one at a time. You took on parenting head on and started as a first time mom with four boys all at once. Anyone that doesn't respect and appeciate you doesn't deserve you in their lives. Let those at the zoo or pool gape at you and judge. Who are they? What do they know? Did they have four boys to take care of as a brand new mom? No? Than they are not of authority to judge anyway. I have one little boy and I am overwhelmed. You are my inspiration when things seem like too much! Why did I email you when I had questions? Yes, you know the preemie/NICU child but really, you are a fabulous mom that has four boys and you are an incredible mom. I am so proud of you for taking up their cause and keeping each and every one of them. They are living proof of your strength and courage! Don't let anyone make you feel bad for any noise, commotion, or raucous they make! Be proud your your little guys and the miracles they represent. Be proud that they defied statistics! Be proud that you are a blessing and a gift to your boys, your husband, your friends and this world! Apologize for nothing because you are what women strive to be!

I love you Autumn! Know you are respected by many!

Biggest Hugs!
Holly

PS~ Your advice on naps is working really well! Thank you so much!!

PPS~ This is why, despite the forewarned noise and commotion, we want you and Brent and boys to come to Cali for a visit at the beach house! Please?

carlyd said...

You are wonder woman, and I adore your little miracles. You're also famous! I've had two people tell me about you because they "follow" your blog! HA! xoxo

love,
Carly

Katie said...

You don't know me. I just happened to stumble across your blog. I check your blog from time to time. I just really appreciate your outlook on life and how you seem to really treasure your boys. I read a quote by Majorie Pay Hinckley that I think all mothers (and fathers) need to read, "The only way to get through life is to laugh your way through it. You either have to laugh or cry. I prefer to laugh. Crying gives me a headache." Take care!

David and Amanda said...

Autumn, your Blog is a pleasure to read! I found it through Nate and Tawni. I hope you don't mind, but it's a breath of fresh air...sometimes I feel like I too have a herd! -Amanda