So In less than one full year we have had the "PLEASURE" in attending four weddings and one Easter. We bought 4 white sear sucker suits last year that I cinched and made bow ties for. As the year went on I decided to dye the suits a shade of periwinkle to hide grass staines and match the wedding.
I used RIT dye and while I was at it I dyed an old dress for my self to match. I am far from a matchy- matchy mom in fact I rarely match the kids..rarely. So It is a hoot knowing when the boys look at this as grown men they will assume I was a "major together mom" planning for weeks for a perfect shot.
So the night before we got on the plane I dyed the suits and my dress hoping for the best..it worked and my hands faded in smurf blue by the wedding...Ha, victory!
The pictures are fun to see the boys change in one year. I don't have pictures from Jeff and Kara's wedding we are hoping they will send some on...hint hint :)
I dye things often and will say 4 suggestions:
1. Though the box says you can dye in you washing machine...never do that, not good.
2. HOT water + all the dye---- mix outside in a rubbermade bin on the lawn, longer than you think...otherwise you get surprise tye-dye.
3. Stick with cotton base fabrics or silk... other fabrics won't take evenly if at all.
4. The dye does not dye zippers and most buttons so you may have to change those out.

1 comment:
that is so cool and they look so cute i love them :)
Post a Comment