Guy is my miracle child. Medically there isn't a solid explanation for him making it and as whole as he is. He was born 1 lb 12 oz. Guy, forced the delivery, (along with Severin.) He was to small and underdeveloped to fair well out of the womb, at the same time in the womb he was dwindling. The odds were against him.
Early on he would shimmy around his isolate from one end to the other showing not to under estimate him. Holding his small body on my chest was always a special event.


My goal the whole pregnancy was to give them a chance to make it. You can only imagine how many times it was recommended not to keep all four. Everett and Guy where a rare pair. They fought over blood supply and room. But be sure there was nothing simple about their feat.
He soon passed up Severin in weight and height but was the last to walk. He loves to chase and be chased, and has become quite the runner! Did I mention he is a Daddy's boy. My oh my, you would think Brent had light coming out of his ears, the way Guy beams at him. He only says bye, bye when Brent leaves.
He is Tender and careful, and doesn't like to be alone. He loves anything and everything fuzzy and is the only one who sleeps with a sheepskin. I think he looks like his Dad along with Everett, but Guy looks like his own little man to me with his pointy chin, happy eyes, and tight smile.
I still get a tight throat when I look at him. It was the most defining thing in my life yet to have these boys and i love them.
2 comments:
autumn-- your boys are amazing. It's so fun to hear about all their different personalities... I can't imagine how you keep up with them all!
I loved your description of getting tight in the throat when you look at them. That happens to me all the time -- such a great mommy gift that we have.
you all look fabulous... I hope you're surviving residency. It's been so crazy for us and we don't have it half as bad as you!
looking forward to more posts...
I get choked up everytime I read about your boys! What amazing little people! I can't even tell you how much I think about you (mainly on Sunday at church with no husband:)) You are one talented woman!
Post a Comment