Friday, September 18, 2009

September two years ago

This is a post I posted for September 2007 on our old Blog ...http://thekimballherd.spaces.live.com I was laughing because, I've been feeling sorry for myself because the boys have decided to change our routine the last month and wake up at 5:45 daily ready to go...kill me..It feels like morning practice all over again. So sorry for the long post but this is what I posted two years ago and I felt much better.

SEPTEMBER 2007

People ask how we do it, here is the gist.......

6:45-7:00 At least two babies wake up, leaving the other two to be woken up by loves.

7:00 Morning feeding,and changing of diapers (yes all by myself every day) I feed two at a time by bottle.

8:00 I know it sounds crazy but they go down for a nap.

9:00 - 9:30 They all wake up close to the same time..usually giggling.

9:30 - 10:30 We go on a walk in my crazy four seater stroller.

10:30-11:00 We are melting trying to hang on tell feeding time. During this time I try to remember every childhood song I know.

11:00 Feed and change diapers. (It takes about 25-30 minutes to feed all four by myself, most the time.)

11:30 - 12:30ish Play time, they mostly entertain themselves and torment each-other.

12:30 - 1:30 Nap (shortish)

1:30 - 3:00 Playtime work on crawling and biting 3:00 Feed and change diapers

3:30 - 4:30 Playtime but mostly falling asleep while playing.

early as 4 - 5:45 Nap

6-7:00 Evening walk/Run (I am sure people are laughing watching me kind of run pushing a monster stroller.)

7:00 Feed and change diapers 7:30 - 8:30 bath time every-other day.

8 -8:30 Bed time!!! This has gotten so much better, I still have Severin in my closet Lincoln in the living room, Everett and Guy in there bedroom. They were having issues with teething and it seemed painful to have them sleep through the others meltdown in the middle of the night. The last two weeks have gotten back to normal everyone is sleeping through the night again. Oh happy day.

* I have help come three days a week for 6 hour stints. This allows sanity and food on the shelves and the occasional adult social interaction. Brent has been able to come on the evening walks a few times a week. During naps bottles are made and dishes are done and ooohh sometimes a nap for mom. I still can't believe I'm the mom, i feel like someone is going to show up someday and say just kidding I'm the real mom. thanks for trying.....Well I can confirm I am trying. I am constantly thinking about that horrible movie raising Arizona... Lady in town has four babies and two crazy heads come steal one!..Every Day I am sure we made the right choice to keep every baby even with such a low chance of making it!!! We are the winners!!!

Love me

Sevy is such a mini here ooooo I love it. Brent's wardrobe hasn't changed.
BRENT AT 29
BOYS WHEN THEY STILL HAD NICU HEAD (SKINNY HEADS)

No comments: