Sunday, December 13, 2009

Cookie Dough Rules

Growing up, like most good mothers I was limited in my licks of batter and holiday treats. I commend this idea but as a child, I loathed it. The question often came out of my mouth.."but why?" The answer being "Because" or "I said so." To be honest if you knew my mother you knew better that her answer was usually a look, the look spoke volumes.
Being an "adult," and a "mother," I know the rules and guidelines well, my mother brought me up right and what I relay further shouldn't reflect on her. Truth is, I hear from her (in jest) "I didn't raise you that way!?"-often.
So when making cookie dough I do weigh the "rules" in my head, but typically throw them out for the sheer power trip of it all. I allow the boys licks upon licks and worse I put there share in a cup. Oh the horror! I believe I could do worse. I love how they sing and mmmmm! I love how I'm the hero for but a moment. I love that it's as if it's our little secret.
I also love how when I turn the mixer on the boys come from all over the house and pull up there stools. It's like what T.V. is to other families.
***I realize many of you receive my baked items...have no fear all given items are made after hours with no licking. Though I love to give what I bake away, Brent as well as the boys dislike giving there bread and treats, so it's better that they never knew they were in the house.

No comments: