This is a link to a family who has set out on a bike journey from Alaska to the tip of South America......take that in.....then hear: they are still on the trip and it has been two years. The boys were pre-teens before they started.I know what the norm is to think when you hear this..is crazy! never-ever, not for me, etc.)
I have to admit I love and admire it!!
All the kids have to escape is their Kindles, and each other. The truth is the trip will end eventually and they will go back to school and friends and off to college and their own lives. This trip however will forever shape them. If you read back into their blog you read about the trials and the reasons to quit. They don't.
Kudos to this family for not listening to all the na-sayers! Congrats, on your lives.
p.s. I first heard of this here
1 comment:
Thank you so much for writing about our journey! I totally agree with you that this trip will shape our sons' lives forever. They will have already dreamed the impossible dream and reached the unreachable star - what can't they do??
Nancy
www.familyonbikes.org
Post a Comment