Sunday, March 18, 2012

FIRST TIME SKIING






First day skiing ever! Location: Deer Valley, Utah.  Feeling: Heaven.  Memory: Top three to date! Bottom line expected tears and exhaustion and lots of dragging kids up a hill...NONE of these happened. 

We used the toe clips the first day then never again. The boys just took to it! Brent and I both learned how to ski around three or four and to see our kids on skis turning and yelling at the bottom- "Mom lets go again!!" Was life altering, lame to some I am sure...but I think the theme a family that plays together stays together.

Guy- is usually the last to master anything athletic and gets limp fish when he would like to discontinue. So when he kept going down ski runs weaving through trees and over jumps our jaws dropped saying ..is this normal? All parents think their kids are the best, but I would like to claim the quickest and happiest kids to teach ski.

Everett- the natural athlete could stop and follow even was holding an edge on some of the blue's we took him down. Always in competition he preferred to be right behind mom in the number one slot. I can't remember a fall out of the kid! No joke. He was so fun and always said "Good job boys!"

Lincoln- most the time has jello legs just walking, he's not clumsy, more silly. So in my mind I was going to be throwing my back out all day keeping him up. Turns out he had the intensity of a jungle cat..He followed my every turn with perfect precision. He loved riding the lift and talking about how fast he went.

Severin- thought this was the most amazing thing ever..All I heard all day was, "That was Awesome!!" He was annoyed when we stopped into get a drink or lunch, I agree Sevy! He combined Kung fu noises and arms to his skiing adding a cool factor like no other. This week was spring break and every time I said we were going some where special he would light up and ask, "Ski school?!" Hilarious.

I have to say sneaking in some ski time for Brent and I was dreamy. We dated on the slope, I met his siblings on the slope, first kisses on the Deer Valley chairlift, and scoped out each others skiing abilities. We both made the grade. Brent would never say but he is the guy every one yells at on the bumps..because he's so fast and knows how to lace it with tricks...hot.

The West is king in the recreation department!
Thankyou- Kirt and Julie making it all happen, and Sy for the amazing accommodations.









No comments: