Tuesday, May 8, 2012

MAY


Remember last year, when Brent and I did the Escape from Alcatraz Triathlon..and had a blast. Well we threw caution to the wind and entered again. Lottery style, Brent didn't get in but I did. I did several tri's last year leading up to the event but nothing could prepare me for the coldest water ever, San Fran steep grade bike course, and a trail run that made grown men cry.

I trained an embarrassingly little amount, due to no time and an unorganized life. I still did well and felt amazing..all LUCK.

This year I leave my car and different locations, the kids school, Shelby Farms, and run home leaving the car. It requires me to have two runs or bikes in a day. As always the race is coming too fast and the boys are out of school in a matter of weeks. And for fun we decided to put our house on the market. Which means painting, yard work, boxes, etc. All and all I am pumped.

On a personal level I turn 33 soon, which seems odd to mention..but none the less it is officially my scary number. 30 I didn't even blink, 40 I look forward to. 33, however somehow was a mental bench mark for accomplishments, and hopes.

So like every month of May, I up my training schedule and replace unaccomplished goals with new time lines.  But their is something I have been wishing for that seems to never happen. It took us 5 1/2 years to get pregnant once...(and amazingly with four.) It has now been another 5 1/2 years and no luck for that little straggler in my head.

Bottom line I believe in saying things out loud and seeing what comes back to you.
So their it is. If your listening up there little one..We aren't so bad and the likely hood your brothers will try to drag you around and sleep in your crib is a guarantee, I promise. I have seen you in my dreams and I am quite sure I would love you forever. I have learned a lot being a mom to four boys and I think you would benefit nicely. Lastly, I promise though there are four already there is a place reserved just for you.
-Love your mom

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

YOU go girl!! Wish we could see you in action in the bay... Any kid would be so lucky to get a mama like you along with all those fun brothers :)

XO
Annie

Unknown said...

I hope and will continue pray that God will bless you with a another beautiful baby.

skt said...

Autumn, that is the sweetest post ever. I hope that baby makes her way here soon.