Tuesday, August 25, 2009

8 years and counting

So every year Brent teases that I forget our anniversary..true. But I remember before the day is passed. So I wanted to prove I remembered early in the day that eight years ago I was looking out my window (the day of my wedding) and seeing clouds and rain. Unlike most brides I thought it was a good omen. I always feel when anything is to perfect it is uncomfortable.
(You know the feeling you get after watching Martha Stewart and by the time her show is over you can see everyone take a big breath because the stress of perfection is unrealistic, and not adventurous.)
So by the the time I drove into the temples parking lot to get married the Colorado sun had broken through.
Another memory of that day is a little exposing. During the ceremony I cried..no I mean full bore ugly cry. Why? Who really knows, I think subconsciously I knew I would never be the same,..(same perspective, same last name, single, etc.) But I think another huge reason was astonishment that I was really getting married, right then, in that very moment.
Brent I am sure was like ..shes crying?! is this good or bad... Truth is every time I cry which is very very rare, Brent looks at me like I am a stranger. I still remember dropping the kids off to nursery and having a crazy crying reaction, while Brent was almost laughing because of the oddity of it.
This last year brought alot of mile stones..
-Boards taken and passed
-Boys started school
-Boys potty trained (2 out of four.) still big deal.
-Survived another year in Memphis..serious accomplishment.
-And the most important, I would still choose Brent even knowing the trials I do now. Top reason the adventure has been more than what he promised and then some.
(By the way I still love my dress above with it's blue lining, so fun. Still the best thing I ever designed.)

2 comments:

regina said...

congrats on your anniversary! what a beautiful post. i have been following you and your kids for a few months now and i never comment on any blogs because it takes too long. vanessa came over for pancake supper tonight and we were talking about kids and how demanding they are and then you came up in conversation. we are both amazed at how you do it all by yourself with 4 little ones. sounds like your summer was wonderful. AND the wedding was just beautiful... keep in touch.

carlyd said...

Yay! Congrats you two. Now you're WAY past the seven year itch! We miss you. Love the photos. The wedding looks amazing, Autumn. No surprise there. We tried Cole on a slip and slide this summer. I ran with his the first time, but he fell on his butt and refused to go again unless I stood way out of the way! Miss you guys...