I think about my life I have chosen, and the parts of life that have been thrown at me to live. The List of things I haven't chosen become’s longer than the things in this life I have chosen. Everyone has a different reaction to this fact of life. Some feel cheated, or dissatisfied. Some have never thought much about it, (they never really had a plan, or put to much weight on their earlier hope’s). I hear often about how "you can't have it all." True or not I hate that this sentence is so often said it has become a rule. If you knew me I dislike rules and even more any form of conformity.
That said, There are however easier ways to go about life...with the grain so to speak. Having one child at a time...or spaced out. Filling up your car with gas before a trip rather than stressing to get to the nearest gas station exit. Not multi-tasking. I have yet to learn how to go with the grain. I am not trying to "have it all," I just really believe in "going big or go home." "Chase your dreams." ( by the way does anyone just have one dream?) I think it's funny as you get older the adjective "DREAMER" is negative…well sure if you never do anything about it and you forget it.
In raising my own children I know I don't know what I am doing, and I am in no way preaching how. But in all my efforts to raise them I want to be an example of chasing
“ the dream.” Take note: There are parameters. Chase but not at the expense of others, finish what you start, know how to evolve the DREAM…(not everyone can be an NBA basketball player...sorry about that.) One HUGE note is to allow one’s timetable to move to assist attaining "The Dream.” Reading Stephanie Nielson's blog today and watching the video I thought...no one would blame her for packing it in a little...or a lot. But you can tell she would never forgive herself for giving up on her dream. I respect and admire her, because she even though not her choice entirely, she is living against the grain. You can see her video here:
Click here: Stephanie
2 comments:
Thanks Autumn. Touching and timely for me.
when i watched this this morning before i headed out, i was crying. I'm such a boob, but her blog is most inspiring to me-
Post a Comment