This year I have been toying with the idea of a road trip with the boys and I. I decided to travel with the boys from MEMPHIS to NEW MEXICO then up to COLORADO. Yes, they may not remember, but I have really decided that their youth is really for my benefit and they can choose what they want to do at 8, no 10, no 12.
So off we went towards the Wild West. We went through Arkansas, then Oklahoma, both places I have never been. Before the trip began I decided to stop at all and any attractions along the way. Our first day was great I left at 4:00am and we made great time. We stopped at a lake in Oklahoma it was flooded and was a nice cool mud lake. We planned, (mom planned) to just throw rocks. I had bought some Indian head dresses at one of the many Indian shops along the way..they were a hit.
As we ate and threw rocks I could tell we were melting from the 99 degree weather and major humidity. Before I knew it, there was Everett jumping in Head-dress and all. Everett was followed by " One little, two little, three little Indian boys." I'm so sorry but it was beyond brave of them and cute. They played and swam forever.
To be continued...
Tuesday, July 13, 2010
Road Trip 2010 (part 1)
This year I have been toying with the idea of a road trip with the boys and I. I decided to travel with the boys from MEMPHIS to NEW MEXICO then up to COLORADO. Yes, they may not remember, but I have really decided that their youth is really for my benefit and they can choose what they want to do at 8, no 10, no 12.
So off we went towards the Wild West. We went through Arkansas, then Oklahoma, both places I have never been. Before the trip began I decided to stop at all and any attractions along the way. Our first day was great I left at 4:00am and we made great time. We stopped at a lake in Oklahoma it was flooded and was a nice cool mud lake. We planned, (mom planned) to just throw rocks. I had bought some Indian head dresses at one of the many Indian shops along the way..they were a hit.
As we ate and threw rocks I could tell we were melting from the 99 degree weather and major humidity. Before I knew it, there was Everett jumping in Head-dress and all. Everett was followed by " One little, two little, three little Indian boys." I'm so sorry but it was beyond brave of them and cute. They played and swam forever.
To be continued...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
you are one brave mama!
Post a Comment