Sweet Lincoln. He still is ridiculously affectionate and wants to be loved and give love in return. His evening ritual after the lights go out, is to call out to Everett saying.."Everett you are my Best friend!" Lately however Everett has grown quit fond of a girl named Bella. The past week Everett has answered Lincoln by saying.."No Bella is my best friend!, she's nice to me."..Lincoln responds.."But I love you Everett, I'm your best friend?!" Painfully cute and a little sad.
Lincoln is our child with no.............no fear, at all. You could talk him into getting excited about a flu shot. This works to our benefit when it comes to having an example for the other three..."Boys, Lincoln just jumped off the diving board and loved it, you wanna try?"
He is also our "Again" child. Spinning, throwing, jumping, diving, all have to be done in repetition. Good thing Brent has muscles to hurl the kids around.
However hard I have been on Lincoln in a day, he will be quick to tell me "I just love you Mom." He is my child that demands a lot and some days he just flat out is in need of one on one attention....it pulls my heart and makes me question my abilities and patience. One thing I constantly say to myself about Lincoln is, "don't break his spirit."
Lincoln, you are the cause of so much happiness in our home. You are so quick to forgive and love. One day you will know how rare of a spirit you are, for now know at the age of three your own mother admires you. I "just" love you.
Mom
3 comments:
your updates sure are fun to read. i love when you tell about the individualities of your boys. even quads, or twins are all so different. i can't wait to have more so i can watch the differences in each of them.
(yes, i think i made up the word 'individualities') :) hahaha.
Aut,
You inspire me to be a better mother each time I read your blog. Your angel boys are lucky ones to have such a mama.
Dave sounded so thrilled after talking with Brent. Excited to have something to try, something to explore... and he was so humbled at how Brent sincerely wants to help. Thanks so so much. Our hearts are touched. XOXO
-April
I'm also always reminding myself to tame them (I have four kids, too) but not break their spirits - I picked that one up from reading Gone With the Wind ages ago. I wish I had come to it on my own, but, alas...
Post a Comment